Groups of hosting services
A hosting solution is connected with keeping and/or sharing certain web content on a web server handled by a web hosting vendor. There are different sorts of hosting services used for different ends, so let's have a glimpse at these. In this way, you can conclude what you want, depending on whether you desire to have a web site, email aliases, or to share files with mates and colleagues.
- File hosting: a solution supplied by various firms, which allows you to share huge files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived documents, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole designation is to share files, since it does not support web site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey a record of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to load .html or .php website files in your browser. Free-of-charge file hosting plans are frequently supported by showing advertisements by the download links, while a timer forces you to await a particular span of time to view them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you purchase a paid file storage package, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no limit as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
Nowadays, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting retailers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly wrong interpretation of the real definition of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would allot the workload between different groups of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending various web space hosting services (electronic mail, storage space, statistics, DNS, databases, hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is merely a brand of a disk space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; given companies provide a hosting solution for images only. This hosting brand is appropriate if you wish to share a huge amount of pics with mates or colleagues since the solution is mostly free. You will get a randomly generated link for each pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution dedicated to taking care of your emails. Some firms provide webspace hosting services for web sites, but do not provide an e-mail solution. If you desire to have a mail address with your domain name but do not want to possess a site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you need. You can create e-mailbox accounts and manage them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The email hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a specific video file, or you can embed the video clip in your site that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of using this method instead of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video creates a given amount of central processing unit load, so with a couple of video files and several hundred viewers, you may have a hard time with your webspace hosting quotas. Embedding the video will allow you to administer as many videos as you want without hassling about system resources.
- Web page hosting: this is the service that you require if you desire to possess a web site. To some degree, it comprises all of the aforesaid hosting types since, along with your web sites, you can also host pics and files, you can create databases and mail addresses, upload video clips, and so on. At CONFIAweb, for instance, you can have a glance at web hosting and dedicated web server hosting accounts that allow you to get all of the aforementioned services in a single location. There may be restrictions based on the sort of hosting solution that you've picked - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your website hosting package may be better or worse compared to the normal email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are purposed for particular content exclusively.